Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Salutations & Explanations.

Hi there.

If you were looking for me, you found me. If you weren't, then let me introduce myself; my name is Davalyn L. Stepzinski. I graduated from Iowa State University in December of 2012 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design and a minor in Performing Arts. In other words, I'm a big fan of the arts and I have a fancy piece of paper to prove it. 

I am a interior designer looking to use her knowledge and skills to make the world a better place. 

I believe that design is important to our well-being, because it is apart of all aspects of our lives, from your bed, to your coffee-maker, to your desk, to your computer, to your clothes, to even the collar on your fuzzy friend lying on the floor in slumber. Yes, that's a generalization of the term, but you get my point, being that design is running rampant in your life and shockingly important. 

My next point being, that so are your surroundings, because they're what helps you get your job done or your good times rolling, whether that be creating rocket ships, writing the news, flipping burgers, or sharing a round at your favorite hole-in-the-wall. Unless you're sitting outside in a field somewhere, you're sitting in a space created by man that was meant to fit your needs as a human functioning within society. 

If it's not helping you function, then that's where me and my fellow interior designers come in; we're here to help make your surroundings better, in both function and aesthetics, because we want you to be able to work comfortably and enjoy life. 

Because seriously, life is beautiful. Have you looked out your window lately? It's great out there!

In all seriousness, that's what I do. It's pretty important stuff that usually goes unnoticed, but it's still there, like the slumbering fuzzy friend that you forgot was still in the room. 

Which reminds me, I also think being good to our surroundings is essential, in the 'being kind to the planet and our fellow man and animals' kinda way. Just like I think art is important and essential to life. My life is all about finding ways to live in harmony with the planet without sacrificing the creature comforts we have grown to love so much. In other words, finding the perfect balance between it all.

And that is what this blog is about in a nutshell: design and sustainability. Oh, and humor because who doesn't love to laugh while they're learning? Let's have fun here in my little writing adventure, shall we?

Two last thoughts. 

One, if you want to learn more about me that my blogger profile can't give you, my website URL will soon be on this page. I'm still working out the kinks, like the perfectionist I am, but as soon it's up, you'll be one of the first to know! ;c) 

Two, leave me lots of comments. I love feedback and I hope to get a lot of it, positive and constructive. I'm constantly improving.

Until my next entry, sláinte.*
*sláinte (Irish Gaelic. Pronounced slawn-cha, meaning cheers/health.) 

EDIT. WEBSITE IS NOW ACTIVE! You can find the link under my 'About Me' and right here: http://dstepzinski.wix.com/davinmotion. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Davalyn! Just wanted to say this is cool. I will enjoy reading. Okay bye

    ReplyDelete